The latest mp3s to hit the blogs.
1. Ryan Adams, "Halloween Head"
According to the lyrics of this new song, Adams has a brain "full of tricks and treats," in addition to the seven double-albums' worth of new material he plans to record tomorrow. [Farewell Typewriter]
2. Spoon, "The Ghost of You Lingers"
All the willful obtuseness and studio trickery in the world can't cover up the fact that Britt Daniel's voice still kind of sounds like Billy Joel's. [Idolator]
3. Morrissey, "Drive-In Saturday" (David Bowie cover)
Famed celibate vegetarian covers legendary chameleonic spaceman. Wonderfulness ensues. [The Music Slut]
4. Timbaland, "The Way I Are" (Manny Faces remix)
Remixing Timbaland is a job that takes a brave man … or some dude we've never heard of. He's not bad, though. [Different Kitchen]
5. LCD Soundsystem, "Freak Out/Starry Eyes"
This twelve-minute long, bongo-fueled funk workout really has no business being a b-side. [Cause=Time]