The latest MP3s to hit the blogs.
1. Morrissey, "That's How People Grow Up"
Advice on living life to its fullest, from a celibate vegetarian. [Stereogum]
2. Iron & Wine, "Boy With a Coin"
Bummed-out folkie Sam Beam attempts to fend off the usual miserablism with hand claps and multi-tracked vocals. (Spoiler alert: Miserablism still wins!) [My Old Kentucky Blog]
3. Guillemots, "Never Went to Church" (Streets cover)
About a minute into this London band's version of the Streets' 2006 single, they realize that Mike Skinner stole the melody from "Let It Be," so they decide to play "Revolution 9" instead. [The Music Slut]
4. Capone-N-Noreaga, "City Boy"
This Journey-sampling track from the Heatmakerz' 2005 Crack Mixtape proves that "Don't Stop Believin'" was gangsta even before the Sopranos finale. [BadmintonStamps]
5. Animal Collective, "Unsolved Mysteries"
Possibly one of the best-ever psychedelic folk songs about a UFO-related TV series narrated by Robert Stack. [The Muso]