1. M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel, "When I Get to the Border" (Linda and Richard Thompson cover)
The Weeds actress and the indie-folker duet, because she wanted to boost her indie cred and he wanted to meet the actress from Weeds. [Fuel Friends]
2. Flight of the Conchords, "If You're Into It"
The HBO stars would be delighted to engage in sexual intercourse with you, but only if you want to. If not, that's cool too. [My Old Kentucky Blog]
3. LCD Soundsystem, "Jump Into the Fire" (Harry Nilsson cover)
You like LCD Soundsystem and you like Harry Nilsson, so it stands to reason that you'll like this cover, damn it. [Music Slut]
4. The Secret Machines, "Silent Night"
The psyche rock band celebrate Christmas in August. No, we don't know why. [Music Slut]
5. M.I.A., "Bird Flu" (live on KCRW)
When asked why she named this song "Bird Flu," M.I.A. said, "Because it's gonna kill everyone!" But if the avian flu actually does kill everyone, she'll probably wish that she'd said, "Because it's catchy." [Smudge of Ashen Fluff]