1. Ghostface Killah, "Barrel Brothers"
Sure, the track might fall off when Beanie and Styles P take to the mike, but Ghostface's maniacal performance is more than enough to make us even more excited about his forthcoming Big Doe Rehab. [Nah Right]
2. Chromatics, "I'm on Fire" (Bruce Springsteen cover)
These erstwhile punks tackle the Springsteen classic with impressive results. [As the Radio Plays]
3. Saigon, "Come On Baby (Just Blaze remix)"
Leaking the title track from Saigon's debut record would've been huge news — in 2004. Now, it's unlikely that even guest spots by Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz will bring the buzz back. [Notes From a Different Kitchen]
4. Late of the Pier, "Space and the Woods (South Central Remix)"
LOTP get a remix that's less danceable that the original, which is like going to the dentist to get a cavity put in your tooth. [In Search of Arcadia]
5. Seal, "Amazing (Thin White Duke Dub)"
There's a lot of misrepresentation with this song. Stuart Price may be a hot producer (and thin and white), but he's no Duke. And this track from the new record by Seal (who is not an aquatic mammal) falls well short of amazing. [Fluo Kids]