1. Irn Mnky, "J.C.R.E.A.M. (Johnny Cash Rules Everything Around Me"
This brilliant mash-up of Cash's "Get Rhythm" and the Wu-Tang's "C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me)" sounds like the theme song to a Michael Bay remake of Smokey and the Bandit, except better. [Certified Banger]
2. Laura Marling, "New Romantic"
She's only 17, so we find it hard to believe that Marling's "mind has fucked [her] over more times than any man could ever know," but she sings it with such a straightforward confessional honesty that we sort of do anyway. [Anyone's Guess]
3. The Shins, "Breathe" (Pink Floyd cover)
The Shins may be in the news for another reason today, but while you're waiting for the Smoking Gun to post a mug shot, why not check out the band's cover of the Dark Side classic. [This Recording]
4. Don Juan Dracula feat. Sally Shapiro, "Take Me Home (Johan Angebjorn remix)"
This old track with a new remix re-creates the old sound of new wave. Perfect for the New Year. [Big Stereo]
5. Wiz Khalifa, "Youngin' On His Grind (DJ Howlermonkey remix)"
An army brat, Khalifa grew up everywhere from Japan to North Dakota, and based on the strength of his debut single, we think he's going to be doing a lot more traveling in the future. [Pitchfork]