1. Al Green, "Thought It Out"
A new Al Green song? And it's R&B? And produced by ?uestlove? Let's just say that this isn't too good to be true, sadly. [Horse Latitudes]
2. Laura Gibson, "All the Pretty Horses"
Gibson (currently on tour with the Decemberists' Colin Meloy) turns in a lovely version of this old lullaby. But before you rip it to your baby's iPod, keep in mind that this is the sort of lullaby that Cormac McCarthy would name a novel after. [Oregon Live]
3. Estelle feat. Kanye West, "American Boy (Danger Remix)"
French producer Danger makes a really great remix, but just not for this song. [Gee Wizz]
4. Panda Bear, "Comfy in Nautica (XXXChange Remix)"
Noah Lennox becomes more of a dancing bear with this radical remix of his stuttering hymn from Person Pitch. [FiftyOne:FiftyOne]
5. The Last Rapes of Mr. Teach, "Help Me"
To stand out from all the other French bands playing Appalachian country rock, they gave themselves a name that makes Fuck Buttons seem respectable. [Walrus]