1. Wyclef Jean, "Fast Car (remix feat. Lupe Fiasco)"
In this new remix, Paul Simon's guest vocals are replaced by Lupe Fiasco's. Next, Lupe plans to remix a Vampire Weekend song, replacing the whole band. [Mixtape Maestro]
2. This Is Ivy League, "The Richest Kids"
Speaking of Vampire Weekend, perhaps This Is Ivy League is trying to ride on Burberry coattails (while trying to avoid the backlash) with this song about being mistaken for being the richest kids in class. [Obscure Sound]
3. The Loose Acoustic Trio, "Pinball Wizard (The Who cover)"
The old-timey rock band does a pleasantly corny version of a song about old-timey video games. [Mainstream Isn't So Bad, Is It?]
4. Architecture in Helsinki, "Beef in Box (IQ cover)"
The eclectic Australian band records a cover of a track, by the British neo-prog band, which is better than its title might imply. [Pitchfork]
5. Ultcult, "Five Bedrooms and Two Lounges"
Loved by blogs and members of blog bands (Los Campesinos!, 4 or 5 Magicians, etc.) alike, these glockenspiel-y Londoners seemed destined to be written about on a few more blogs, at the very least. [Keep Hope Inside]