1. Sigur Rós, "Gobbledigook"
Sigur Rós return after a bit of an absence with the best Animal Collective song we've heard in years. [ href="http://dontfearthemainstream.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-sigur-ros-gobbledigook.html">Unrescuable Schizo]
2. Tricky, "Council Estate" (live on Later … With Jools Holland)
Council estates are more or less the English version of the projects, but Tricky's new anthem is more punk rock than hip-hop. [Culture Bully]
3. Rick Ross feat. Pharrell, "Get Down"
Rick Ross gets in on the comic-book-hero racket this summer with this engaging track about Superhead. [Attorney Street]
4. Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris and Chrome, "Dance Wiv Me"
Dizzee, ever the romantic, approaches a girl on the dance floor by commenting that he "can't see no room for improvement" and suggests that there might be something more "than a hotel-room thing" between them. [First Up]
5. Numero 6 feat. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, "Da Piccolissimi Pezzi"
Oldham goes from singing in someone else's voice (see the video for Kanye's "Can't Tell Me Nothin'") to singing in someone else's language, as he wraps his rough twang around the more mellifluous Italian he sports on this track. [Pitchfork]