1. R. Kelly, "Playas Get Lonely"
Kellz's recent brush with the judicial system has left him feeling pensive, and this brand-new song asks you to have some sympathy for the guy who "spend[s] a couple G's when [he] gets bored." [Urban Review]
2. The Faint, "The Geeks Were Right"
The Faint have seen the future, and apparently, "the geeks were right." If that's the case, then why does this song sound so tailor-made for mainstream radio? [Have Fun Club]
3. Beck feat. Chan Marshall, "Orphans"
You like Beck. You like Cat Power. You'll like this, we swear. [Pitchfork]
4. Lykke Li, "Can I Kick It" (A Tribe Called Quest cover)
Just to show that she really can do it all, Lykke Li covers both this Tribe classic and the Velvet Underground song it sampled. [Sheena Beaston]
5. The Mae Shi, "See You Again" (Miley Cyrus cover)
Perhaps upset over the sight of an uncovered Miley in Vanity Fair, the Mae Shi take matters into their own hands with this pop-punk take on her single. [Ear Farm] —Ehren Gresehover