1. Kanye West, "Love Lockdown"
We wouldn't be surprised if this new Kanye song wasn't on lockdown after Phil Collins's lawyers saw it last night on the VMAs. [Mixtape Podcast]
2. Justice, "Planisphere (Final)"
Recorded as both this version and a three-part suite, you can play Goldilocks and decide which of the three parts of Justice's new track you like best. This final version, with its wanky prog-metal guitar jamming, is just right for us. [Asian Dan]
3. Esau Mwamwaya and Radioclit, "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" (Vampire Weekend cover)
Malawi-born Esau Mwamwaya reappropriates Vampire Weekend's sorta hit for the B-side of their new single. [Streetkiss]
4. The Mountain Goats and Kaki King, "Thank You Mario But Our Princess Is in Another Castle"
This track (from Black Pear Tree, a six-song collaboration between the two artists) is easily history's most touching song written from the perspective of a humanoid mushroom video-game character. [Pitchfork]
5. Timbaland feat. T-Pain, "Talk"
On this new Timbaland track, guest vocoder operator T-Pain asks the musical question "Shorty, what you lookin' for? I bet I got it here." Sadly, he's lying. [You, Me and Everyone]