1. Britney Spears, "Womanizer (The Teenagers Remix)"
We thought we were done talking about this track, but here come the Teenagers to remix Britney into an unlikely indie rock star. [We Like It Indie]
2. Black Milk feat. Pharoahe Monch, Sean Price, and DJ Premier, "The Matrix"
Black Milk claims he's "stuck in the Matrix" on this tight track off Troni (his follow-up to last year's excellent Popular Demand), but with Monch, Price, and Premier providing backup, this is one sequel that might be better than its predecessor. [Analog Giant]
3. Banjo or Freakout, "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" (Vampire Weekend cover)
The banjo is an modern version of an instrument that was invented in Africa but has since been appropriated by a lot of white folks in the U.S. Perhaps this spooky cover of a Vampire Weekend song is less unlikely than we thought. [Gorilla vs. Bear]
4. Santogold, "L.E.S. Artistes (Left/Right Remix)"
With the country divided before tonight's debate, here's a squelchy remix that people from both sides of the aisle can enjoy. [Culture of Me]
5. Radiohead, "Reckoner (Cadence Weapon Remix)"
Canadian rapper-producer Cadence Weapon tosses out his pulsing, atmospheric take on the Radiohead track, part of the band's most recent remix project. [Gorilla vs. Bear]