1. Coldplay feat. Jay-Z, "Lost (Remix)"
Chris Martin says he's "waiting till the firing's stopped," then Jay drops two verses to remind us of the dangers of being assassinated. This is a weird remix. [Nah Right]
2. Jamie Lidell feat. Zion I, "Out of My System (Amplive Remix)"
Amplive (whose Radiohead remixes made him music-blog famous) decides to give us a little something of his own on this track, getting his group, Zion I, in on the action. [Rollo & Grady]
3. Roots Manuva, "Let the Spirit (Hot Chip Remix)"
Hot Chip makes it a lot easier for the spirit to move you, making this newish Roots Manuva track "even more bouncy-bouncy-bouncy" than the original. [Ohh! Crapp]
4. Reefer, "Hit and Run (Dntel Remix)"
A frosty remix of a song by the guy from the Unicorns, done by the guy from the Postal Service. [Polaroid]
5. …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, "The Bells of Creation (Machete Mix)"
We don't really think this is the "song of the ages," as they claim in the lyrics, but this epic new track by Trail of Dead (even an acronym of their name is too long), from their forthcoming EP, Festival Thyme, is still good enough for right now. [Pitchfork]