• The week began on an up note if you were Kate Winslet, who took home an astonishing 26 Golden Globe awards, including ones for Best Television Series (Drama) and Best Animated Feature. Also at the Globes, Tina Fey blasted trolls and Gabriel Byrne was nowhere to be found.
• Returning to TV were 24 (more absurd!), The Office (dirtier!), and American Idol (now with blind high-fives!). Possibly never returning to TV: Mad Men!
• Sundance is here! We hailed this year's crop of documentaries, applauded the triumphant return of Pierce Brosnan in a non-singing role, and visited a dolphin-slaughtering factory.
• We speculated on the price of Obama's memoir and which beloved avian star would play "the goose."
• We broke the news (again) that George Still would join City Opera as GM — and he did!
• We said good-bye to Andrew Wyeth.
• We told mall-cop lovers to save their money for Observe and Report, and fans of being hit in the groin with a pickax to spend theirs on My Bloody Valentine 3D.
• People we spoke with on the phone this week included Bill Paxton, Jaime King, Andrew Dice Clay, and a nun.
• Josh Brolin roasted Richard Jenkins and Clint Eastwood begged the Academy not to give him an Oscar.
That's it from Vulture this week. We'll see you on Tuesday, after MLK Day.