This new fast-edited trailer for Treme — Wire creator David Simon's upcoming HBO series about the rebuilding of post-Katrina New Orleans — doesn't get into any real plot specifics, but gives an aerial view of the cast and setting that should probably make you a tiny bit more excited for the show's premiere on April 11. On the menu for the show's first season, evidently: Khandi Alexander, tambourines, Melissa Leo, Bunk, strippers, John Goodman, soul food, shirtless Steve Zahn, trombones standing majestically in the sun, Elvis Costello, and Lester Freamon in a headdress. Sounds good to us.
- 1. New Girl Recap: Guess Who’s Back
- 2. Hans Zimmer Tells Juicy Stories About the Classic Films He’s Scored
- 3. How Millennials Feel About Melissa Joan Hart’s Many Make-outs, Then and Now
- 4. Swedish Movie Theaters Add a Bechdel Rating
- 5. Kanye Postponed Another Two Concerts
- 6. The Mindy Project Recap: The Pregnant Mermaid
- 7. Where Are the Serious Movies About Non-Suffering Black People?
- 8. Edelstein on Thor 2: The Dark World: Chris Hemsworth Finally Proves Worthy of the Hammer