Gotti Producer Says He Didn’t Call Joe Pesci a ‘Has-Been’


Marc Fiori, producer of the troubled Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father, would just like everyone to know that he did not call Joe Pesci "a has-been who is desperately seeking attention by trying to force himself into the movie.” TMZ reported the supposed dis last week, which was said to be a response to Pesci's ongoing $3 million lawsuit against Fiori's company. (Pesci claims he signed up to play Gotti's enforcer, Angelo Ruggiero, gaining 30 pounds for the role only to see his part — and salary — downgraded by producers.) Fiori attempted to clear the air in a Sunday statement, saying, “During the past few days, there have been erroneous reports in the media that I have been making less than favorable comments about Joe Pesci. For the record, I am extremely fond of Joe, think he is a terrific actor and very much want him to be in the Gotti movie. It’s unfortunate we have become embroiled in a lawsuit; however, I am hopeful that we will resolve our differences and Joe will accept an offer from us to be in the film.” [THR]