- Amy Poehler and Tina Fey did real good at the Golden Globes, even if Tommy Lee Jones didn’t enjoy himself.
- FX might split into two networks: FX for drama and FXX for comedy.
- Tenacious D will headline a musical comedy festival that Jack Black wants Flight of the Conchords, Lonely Island, Zach Galifianakis, Spinal Tap, Eric Idle, Tim Minchin, Neil Hamburger, Tim and Eric, Bob Odenkirk and David Cross, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone to perform at, but it’ll probably just end up being him and Weird Al.
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s company Gary Sanchez is producing a late night talk show in the style of a morning show for USA.
- The Onion released their own Joe Biden autobiography, so Joe Biden doesn’t have to write one anymore.
- We explored England’s comedy crisis.
- Comedy Central announced half-hour specials for Cristela Alonzo, Joe DeRosa, Nikki Glaser, Erik Griffin, Andy Haynes, Lil Rey Howery, Ben Kronberg, Mike Lawrence, Gabe Liedman, Jared Logan, Sean O’Connor, Sean Patton, Jonah Ray, Dan Soder, Dan St. Germain, Brody Stevens, and Baron Vaughn
- We looked at 5 failed attempts to turn popular live-action comedies into animated shows, the state of parody books, the comedy of musician Phil Elverum, the short-lived Fox series The Pitts, Danitra Vance’s year at SNL, and @lanyardtwerk’s Twitter feed.
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone are starting their own production company, Important Studios.
- We recommended the week’s best podcasts.
And here are your Top Five Web Comedy Videos of the Week:
Captain Hippo - “Detectives Who Just Woke Up”
Teen Wheels TV - “Big Time Pranks, Episode 2: Bumble Bee Tuna Prank Call”
UCBComedy - “Banned Diversity PSA”
The Midnight Show - “BWAAAHHHH: The Inception Sound Sitcom”
WOMEN - “Barry Likes Bars”