Following its first round of original shows, which produced the Congressional comedy Alpha House and the Silicon Valley laughter Betas, Amazon has just dropped ten new streaming pilots on Amazon Prime. Once again, the Amazon audience is asked to “decide which shows become series.” The ten new pilots include five for children (Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street, The Jo B. and G. Raff Show, Hardboiled Eggheads, Maker Shack Agency, Wishenpoof!) and five for adults. Here’s your line-up:
* A supernatural-seeming sci-fi puzzler called The After from Chris Carter (The X-Files).
* A homicide-detective procedural starring Titus Welliver (Lost), which is based on author Michael Connelly’s popular Bosch series.
* A show called Transparent from Jill Soloway (United States of Tara) about “an L.A. family with serious boundary issues” starring Jeffrey Tambor and Gaby Hoffmann.
* Football drama (woman’s football-coach husband dies, leaving her in charge) The Rebels from writer Jeremy Garelick (The Break-Up), starring Josh Peck (The Wackness).
* And perhaps the most bizarre of the bunch: Paul Weitz’s (About a Boy) Mozart in the Jungle, with a pilot written by Roman Coppola, Jason Schwartzman, and Alex Timbers (Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson), about “sex, drugs, and classical music.” Yep!
Watch a sizzle reel below and stream them all here.