In addition to securing Seinfeld reruns, Hulu announced that it also has dibs on AMC's future programming, starting with The Walking Dead spinoff, Fear the Walking Dead (that title). The streaming service also struck a similar output deal for certain shows with FX that has yet to be announced. "FX and AMC are the most important contributors to the new golden age of television," said Hulu programming chief Craig Erwich. “Our competitors have some of their libraries, but we will have all of their future."
Hulu is also forging ahead with original programming. Here's a preview of what's to come:
- Difficult People, starring Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner, debuts this summer — or, as Eichner called it, "Two best friends who hate everything in world besides each other. Will and Grace if one were a six and the other were a seven."
- Casual, a family drama from Jason Reitman, premiering in the fall.
- RocketJump: The Show, a working title of for a show brought to you by the people of Video Game High School.
- The Way, a show about a family at the center of a controversial faith-based movement made by Parenthood writer/producer Jessica Goldberg and Jason Katims, will go into production this summer.
- 11/22/63, a thriller produced by J.J. Abrams based on Stephen King's time-travel novel about the JFK assassination, starring James Franco.