It's Freeform's first upfront under its new name and new mission to target Millennials (you'll remember they used to call themselves ABC Family). And what do Milllennials like? The Lonely Island, for one! The trio of Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, and Akiva Schaffer are working on a TV show called Alone Together, telling the story of two "misfits" in a "strictly platonic friendship" wandering the cultural landmines of L.A. Freeform is also developing its first late-night talk show called Later Bitches with consulting help from The Daily Show producers Jennifer Flanz and Elise Terrell. Also on deck: A spinoff of Young & Hungry starring Ashley Tisdale, the previously announced Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, and Famous in Love, based on the novel by Rebecca Serle about an ordinary college student named Paige who gets her big Hollywood break. (Fun fact, Serle used to recap The Vampire Diaries for Vulture!)
But don't worry, all of your favorite shows will still be returning, and there are a slew of premiere dates:
- Pretty Little Liars returns for its seventh season June 21 where it will try to wrap up all of Uber A's unpretty lies.
- The Fosters returns on June 20, and you'll find out what happened to Mariana and the Moms and will Brandon and Callie ever be together?!
- Young & Hungry and Baby Daddy both return June 1; Guilt returns June 13.
- Dead of Summer premieres June 28.
- Cheer Squad, which follows two-time World Cheerleading Champions, will premiere August 22.
- Switched at Birth and Shadowhunter will be returning some time in 2017, the former for its fifth and final season.
There you have it. The state of Millennial television for the next year.