Have you been stress-eating as a way to cope with the current election cycle? Are you worried about gaining a few pounds during the holidays? Hell, are you just looking for a ten-song playlist that includes Australian indie rockers, a Spanish-language forró jam, a ten-minute Nina Simone tour de force, and, of course, Beyoncé? Well, luckily, President Barack Obama's workout playlist is here to meet your highly specific needs.
POTUS put together the list for Wired while he was guest-editing the publication's November issue. As he proved with his sexy summer playlist, Obama is not afraid to change things up when it comes to genres or vibes, and his eclectic taste seems to imply he's as knowledgeable about tunes as he is about college basketball. Read the track list and hear the playlist below.
1. Black Eyed Peas, "Let's Get It Started" (Spike Mix)
2. Nina Simone, “Sinnerman”
3. Sting, “If You Love Somebody Set Them Free”
4. Isley Brothers, “Live It Up, Parts 1 & 2,”
5. Icona Pop, "Emergency"
6. Forro in the Dark, “Perro Loco”
7. Beyoncé, "Get Me Bodied" (Extended Mix)
8. Jay Z & Drake, “Off That”
9. Bob Marley and the Wailers, "Could You Be Loved"
10. Courtney Barnett, "Elevator Operator"