The Cast of Alien Had No Idea the Gruesome Chestburster Moment Was Happening
In Alien, the 1979 science-fiction landmark directed by Ridley Scott, the production of the shocking alien-birth effect caused one actor to faint and sent another to his quarters to recover. The authentic moment was engineered with some tricky subterfuge by Scott, who tried to keep his actors as in the dark as the audience. As we explore in our latest “Behind the Movies” episode above, it … worked.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space