One of Sundance’s Biggest Hits Is Based on an Often Uncomfortable True Story
In one of the biggest deals out of Sundance this year, The Big Sick was nabbed by Amazon for about $12 million. It stars, is co-scripted by, and is based heavily on the life and relationship of Kumail Nanjiani of Silicon Valley fame and co-writer Emily Gordon. That success didn’t come easy, requiring both Nanjiani and Gordon to really confront some intense moments in their lives.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space