The New Wonder Woman Trailer Gets Into the Brass Tacks of Superhero Origin Stories: Training Montages and Angst
While previous Wonder Woman trailers have focused on the serious (and seriously dour) scrapes Diana gets into during World War I, a new Wonder Woman trailer shifts focus, depicting the serious scrapes Diana gets into as an Amazonian youth. (Twist!) Because stopping a bullet ain’t no thing when you’ve absorbed the brunt of a sword sheathed by mommy dearest. Yes, the latest look at Wonder Woman finally cops to the origin-story angle of it all, difficult childhood, etc., which is good because it’s about time that the relationship between teenage girl and mother gets the brutal rendering it deserves. Wonder Woman arrives in June, Hera be praised.
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor