The Brooklyn Venue That Birthed Some of Indie Rock’s Boldest Bands Might Be Closing Down
Brooklyn’s Shea Stadium has hosted tons of indie rock’s boldest acts during its time as a DIY venue — Future Islands and Parquet Courts among them — and was shut down temporarily in January and then, on March 9, indefinitely. But a new Kickstarter launched by its founders has surpassed its funding goal shortly after launching, which means it may yet become a permanent fixture in Brooklyn’s indie community.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space