The Casting JonBenét Trailer Cues Up the Creepy Precocious Kid Factor
There is an entire industry of sorts built around the unnerving precociousness that pageant kids evoke, so when you throw in the added element of an unsolved murder, well you just might go spastic from the chill that Casting JonBenét’s trailer will send up your spine. For the Netflix documentary-narrative-feature hybrid, filmmakers went to Boulder, Colorado, the site of JonBenét Ramsey’s murder to “elicit responses, reflections and even performances from the local community.” Somehow, that intriguing conceit turned into a young Burke Ramsey stand-in terrifyingly intoning, “If you tell someone a secret, it’s no longer a secret.” The film debuts on Netflix on April 28.
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space
- How to Protect Your Facebook Data
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at Queer Eye Season Two
- 4 Ways 2001: A Space Odyssey Was a Visual-Effects Pioneer
- 39 Egg-cellent Scenes in Film and Television