The Casting JonBenét Trailer Cues Up the Creepy Precocious Kid Factor
There is an entire industry of sorts built around the unnerving precociousness that pageant kids evoke, so when you throw in the added element of an unsolved murder, well you just might go spastic from the chill that Casting JonBenét’s trailer will send up your spine. For the Netflix documentary-narrative-feature hybrid, filmmakers went to Boulder, Colorado, the site of JonBenét Ramsey’s murder to “elicit responses, reflections and even performances from the local community.” Somehow, that intriguing conceit turned into a young Burke Ramsey stand-in terrifyingly intoning, “If you tell someone a secret, it’s no longer a secret.” The film debuts on Netflix on April 28.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History