The Casting JonBenét Trailer Cues Up the Creepy Precocious Kid Factor
There is an entire industry of sorts built around the unnerving precociousness that pageant kids evoke, so when you throw in the added element of an unsolved murder, well you just might go spastic from the chill that Casting JonBenét’s trailer will send up your spine. For the Netflix documentary-narrative-feature hybrid, filmmakers went to Boulder, Colorado, the site of JonBenét Ramsey’s murder to “elicit responses, reflections and even performances from the local community.” Somehow, that intriguing conceit turned into a young Burke Ramsey stand-in terrifyingly intoning, “If you tell someone a secret, it’s no longer a secret.” The film debuts on Netflix on April 28.
- The 8 Most Implausible Commutes in Movie History
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’