Dystopia Comes at You Fast in the The Handmaid’s Tale Trailer
Those who haven’t read The Handmaid’s Tale, beware: Hulu is covering a lot of the book’s plot in these trailers for its upcoming adaptation. The story, a parable about the rise of a misogynistic dystopia, centers on Offred (Elisabeth Moss), who serves as a handmaid – a forced reproductive concubine, essentially – to the Commander (Joseph Fiennes) and his wife (Chuck’s Yvonne Strahovski). Samira Wiley, Alexis Bledel, and Ann Dowd fill out the cast. The Handmaid’s Tale premieres on Hulu on April 26. Until then you can take comfort in the idea that the government would totally never use the threat of terrorism to suspend basic constitutional freedoms.
- The 8 Most Implausible Commutes in Movie History
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’