An Occult Ritual Has Begun in This Exclusive Clip From A Dark Song
A Dark Song is a movie best entered into with minimal explanation beforehand, but here’s the briefest of summaries: A woman who has lost her child is willing to turn over everything she has to a reclusive occultist if it means he can connect her with her son’s spirit once more. It’s a tense, nerve-racking exercise that brings up issues of heaven and hell, faith and hopelessness, and consent and grief all rolled into a (mostly) quiet little package. The rites required to breach dimensions are long and arduous, and in this scene we see the mother (Catherine Walker) and her guide (Steve Oram) as they hash out whether or not their rituals are starting to yield results. A Dark Song opens in theaters this weekend.
- How Stevie Wonder Helped Make MLK Day a National Holiday
- Advice Every Comic Should Hear Before Performing at the Correspondents’ Dinner
- 5 of the Most Notorious YouTube Scandals
- The Black Mirror Creator Has an Idea for a Much Nicer Version of The Matrix
- Five Comic-Book Stories That Might Happen Onscreen After the Disney-Fox Merger
- The Makers of TV’s Darkest Show Are Actually Comedians
- 89 Film and TV Moments That Capture 2017
- The 8 Most Implausible Commutes in Movie History
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’