See an Exclusive Clip From the Trans Family Drama 3 Generations
Formerly known as About Ray, the movie 3 Generations follows a young trans boy named Ray (Elle Fanning) raised in New York City by his grandmother (Susan Sarandon) and mom Maggie (Naomi Watts). Ray is ready to progress to his next step in the gender-confirmation process, but the medical consent requires signatures from both his parents. Maggie is worried about her son, though ultimately onboard, but Ray still needs to track down his estranged father (Tate Donovan) and convince him to sign on before hormone therapy can begin. In this scene, we find Ray with his dad and the half-siblings he never knew he had, navigating uncomfortable situations as he meets family members who are strangers and explains that he was born in the wrong body. You can see 3 Generations in theaters beginning May 5.
- Was Michael Jackson a Plagiarist?
- 5 Iconic Moments From Guillermo del Toro Films
- How Far is Hollywood From Achieving Equality?
- How Black Panther Reinvents Hollywood Visions of Africa
- Peppermint Reacts to All Stars Season 3
- We Quizzed Nicolas Cage on His Old Movie Lines and Honestly He Was Great
- Every Celebrity That Tahani Has Name-Dropped on The Good Place
- James Adomian Is Obsessed With a Meticulously Symmetrical Mustache
- Octavia Spencer Was Mistaken for Mo’Nique
- Zazie Beetz on Fame’s Limitations: ‘The Version of Me on the Internet Isn’t Me’
- Here’s the Advice Chris Elliott Gave Daughter Abby Elliott When She Joined SNL
- Kelly Macdonald Stans for Margot Robbie
- Joan Jett Loved Working With Michael J. Fox
- Haley Joel Osment Had a Very Awkward Middle-School Dance
- Naomi Watts Does Her Best David Lynch Impression
- Reed Morano Says Peter Dinklage Would Be the Lead in Her Star Wars Movie
- Omari Hardwick on Why Black Actors Can’t Go Full Method: ‘I’ll Get in Trouble’
- Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
- Rupert Everett: ‘Oscar Wilde Is Really the Beginning of the Gay Movement’
- How Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan Work Together As a Couple