See an Exclusive Clip From the Trans Family Drama 3 Generations
Formerly known as About Ray, the movie 3 Generations follows a young trans boy named Ray (Elle Fanning) raised in New York City by his grandmother (Susan Sarandon) and mom Maggie (Naomi Watts). Ray is ready to progress to his next step in the gender-confirmation process, but the medical consent requires signatures from both his parents. Maggie is worried about her son, though ultimately onboard, but Ray still needs to track down his estranged father (Tate Donovan) and convince him to sign on before hormone therapy can begin. In this scene, we find Ray with his dad and the half-siblings he never knew he had, navigating uncomfortable situations as he meets family members who are strangers and explains that he was born in the wrong body. You can see 3 Generations in theaters beginning May 5.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History