John Boyega Navigates the 1967 Riots in Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Trailer
Congratulations to John Boyega, whose space-American accent in The Force Awakens was good enough to land him a part as an actual American character in Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit. The film, written by Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty partner Mark Boal, dives into the race riots that overwhelmed the city, focusing specifically on the Algiers Motel incident. Will Poulter, he of the distinctive eyebrows, seems to be playing an unnerving villain. Detroit premieres August 4.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space