Watch Al Franken Talk You Through His Sumptuous Book Cover
Go ahead — judge this book by its luxurious, richly painted cover. The trailer for Al Franken’s book, Al Franken: Giant of the Senate, fakes a behind-the-scenes look at his glamorous book-cover photo shoot, complete with signs and signifiers Franken used to convey the text’s deep intellectualism: a globe, a leather chair, and a stoic, strong facial expression. There’s even a fireplace, which signifies “the fact that I can get an office with a fireplace,” Franken offers. The Minnesota senator’s book Al Franken: Giant of the Senate is out May 30; catch him in conversation with Robert Smigel at 12 p.m. this Saturday at Vulture Festival.
- The 8 Most Implausible Commutes in Movie History
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music