GLOW Trailer: Pull on Your Leggings, Alison Brie’s ’80s Ladies’ Wrestling Show Is Coming
When there’s no place left for you as a serious actress, it’s time to turn to wrestling. In Netflix’s GLOW – based on the history of the 1980s Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling league – Alison Brie’s character goes into the ring after getting frustrated with the limitations of her acting career. There, she meets a collection of outsiders (this is executive-produced by Orange Is the New Black’s Jenji Kohan, after all), and a fairly shady washed-up, Marc Maron–type director played by Marc Maron. GLOW premieres on Netflix June 23. Expect leg warmers to come back in fashion.
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?
- The Black Eyed Peas Take Us Inside Their Augmented-Reality Comic Book
- Robot Chicken Creators on How Macaulay Culkin Is Like Punxsutawney Phil
- Tips for Post-Apocalyptic Beards With the Cast of The Walking Dead
- How Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall Filmed Their Epic Sex Scene in Professor Marston
- The Cast of Shut Eye Recounts Their Experiences With Psychics
- Voice Actor Rob Paulsen Performs Some of His Famous Voices