GLOW Trailer: Pull on Your Leggings, Alison Brie’s ’80s Ladies’ Wrestling Show Is Coming
When there’s no place left for you as a serious actress, it’s time to turn to wrestling. In Netflix’s GLOW – based on the history of the 1980s Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling league – Alison Brie’s character goes into the ring after getting frustrated with the limitations of her acting career. There, she meets a collection of outsiders (this is executive-produced by Orange Is the New Black’s Jenji Kohan, after all), and a fairly shady washed-up, Marc Maron–type director played by Marc Maron. GLOW premieres on Netflix June 23. Expect leg warmers to come back in fashion.
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor