Kumail Nanjiani and Ray Romano Charm in The Big Sick Trailer
It’s a little bit While You Were Sleeping and a little bit When Harry Met Sally — Kumail Nanjiani’s Sundance breakout The Big Sick is a romantic dramedy that finds Nanjiani in love with his ex-girlfriend who’s in a coma. Emily (Zoe Kazan) and Kumail (Nanjiani) build a relationship out of a one-night stand, but split because their cross-cultural courtship proves too difficult as Kumail’s traditional Pakistani parents push him into an arranged marriage. While Emily is in a coma, Kumail makes nice with her parents, played by Holly Hunter and Ray Romano. Based on the real-life courtship of Kumail and his wife Emily V. Gordon, the movie was produced by Judd Apatow. Catch it in theaters this June.
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?