Kumail Nanjiani and Ray Romano Charm in The Big Sick Trailer
It’s a little bit While You Were Sleeping and a little bit When Harry Met Sally — Kumail Nanjiani’s Sundance breakout The Big Sick is a romantic dramedy that finds Nanjiani in love with his ex-girlfriend who’s in a coma. Emily (Zoe Kazan) and Kumail (Nanjiani) build a relationship out of a one-night stand, but split because their cross-cultural courtship proves too difficult as Kumail’s traditional Pakistani parents push him into an arranged marriage. While Emily is in a coma, Kumail makes nice with her parents, played by Holly Hunter and Ray Romano. Based on the real-life courtship of Kumail and his wife Emily V. Gordon, the movie was produced by Judd Apatow. Catch it in theaters this June.
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- Remaking a Murder: How Weegee Photographed a Mob Killing
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- Mandy Moore on the Innate Sadness of This Is Us
- UnREAL’s Constance Zimmer on Directing Herself
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Which Queer Eye Guy Is the Biggest Control Freak About Driving?
- David Harbour Wasn’t Asked to Dance in Stranger Things 2, But He Did Anyway
- The Queer Eye Guys on Season Two’s Biggest Twist
- Why the Queer Eye Guys Never Pick Fights With Republicans
- The Queer Eye Guys on How They Got Cast
- The Queer Eye Guys on Men’s Biggest Fashion Mistakes
- Silicon Valley’s Thomas Middleditch on Mocking the Tech Elite
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History
- How Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Gets Away With Its Dirtiest Jokes