New Okja Trailer: It’s a Girl and Her Beast Against the World
Mija (Ahn Seo-hyun) lives in the mountains of South Korea, spending the days with her best friend Okja, an exotic piglike creature. When Tilda Swinton’s huge corporation gets wind of Okja and abducts the animal, Mija sets out on a rescue mission bolstered by the pro-animal efforts of Paul Dano and Steven Yeun. Okja comes from South Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho, who crafted a breathtaking sci-fi spectacle with the critically acclaimed Snowpiercer. The film premiered at Cannes to positive reviews — Vulture’s Emily Yoshida called it a wacky yet “deeply humane film” — and a bit of controversy, as Netflix doesn’t plan to release it in French theaters. Okja will be available on Netflix and in U.S. theaters June 28.
- Was Michael Jackson a Plagiarist?
- 5 Iconic Moments From Guillermo del Toro Films
- How Far is Hollywood From Achieving Equality?
- How Black Panther Reinvents Hollywood Visions of Africa
- Peppermint Reacts to All Stars Season 3
- We Quizzed Nicolas Cage on His Old Movie Lines and Honestly He Was Great
- Every Celebrity That Tahani Has Name-Dropped on The Good Place
- James Adomian Is Obsessed With a Meticulously Symmetrical Mustache
- Octavia Spencer Was Mistaken for Mo’Nique
- Zazie Beetz on Fame’s Limitations: ‘The Version of Me on the Internet Isn’t Me’
- Here’s the Advice Chris Elliott Gave Daughter Abby Elliott When She Joined SNL
- Kelly Macdonald Stans for Margot Robbie
- Joan Jett Loved Working With Michael J. Fox
- Haley Joel Osment Had a Very Awkward Middle-School Dance
- Naomi Watts Does Her Best David Lynch Impression
- Reed Morano Says Peter Dinklage Would Be the Lead in Her Star Wars Movie
- Omari Hardwick on Why Black Actors Can’t Go Full Method: ‘I’ll Get in Trouble’
- Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
- Rupert Everett: ‘Oscar Wilde Is Really the Beginning of the Gay Movement’
- How Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan Work Together As a Couple