New Okja Trailer: It’s a Girl and Her Beast Against the World
Mija (Ahn Seo-hyun) lives in the mountains of South Korea, spending the days with her best friend Okja, an exotic piglike creature. When Tilda Swinton’s huge corporation gets wind of Okja and abducts the animal, Mija sets out on a rescue mission bolstered by the pro-animal efforts of Paul Dano and Steven Yeun. Okja comes from South Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho, who crafted a breathtaking sci-fi spectacle with the critically acclaimed Snowpiercer. The film premiered at Cannes to positive reviews — Vulture’s Emily Yoshida called it a wacky yet “deeply humane film” — and a bit of controversy, as Netflix doesn’t plan to release it in French theaters. Okja will be available on Netflix and in U.S. theaters June 28.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History