Twin Peaks’ New Opening-Credits Sequence Is As Eerie As Ever
While people had no idea what to expect narrative-wise going into Twin Peaks’ revival on Showtime, there was at least one thing to ease minds prior the premiere on Sunday evening: Peaks’ music maestro Angelo Badalamenti would be providing the music for the series. And if you still worried that Lynch was potentially screwing with all of us, you’ll be pleased to know that the show’s new opening title sequence features Badalamenti’s epic tune “Twin Peaks Theme” totally unchanged, accompanied by a handful of nature and surrealist shots, some familiar and some updated. (And even a shot of a Laura Palmer.) It’s like 25 years never passed.
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?