Landline Trailer: John Turturro’s a Cheater and Jenny Slate Knows It
The Obvious Child team — Gillian Robespierre, Elisabeth Holm, and star Jenny Slate — are dialing it back to the 1990s with their new movie Landline. The lives of two Jewish-Italian sisters — Slate and newcomer Abby Quinn — are knocked off balance when they find out (via some snooping on the family desktop, no less) that their disconnected dad John Turturro has been cheating on their mom (Edie Falco). Soon enough that one infidelity bleeds into their personal relationships: big sister Dana (Slate) is having second thoughts about her fiancé while little sis Ali (Quinn) swears and swerves her way through high-school hookups. See Landline in all its grungy ’90s glory — without a smartphone in sight! — when it opens in select theaters July 21 and everywhere else August 4.
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor