Amazon’s Last Tycoon Trailer: Arguments, Intrigue, and Matt Bomer’s Suits
More important than the boozy Hollywood drama of Amazon’s newest original series is the important Matt Bomer Wearing Suits content. Robert De Niro starred as the original Last Tycoon (Elia Kazan’s 1976 movie), but Bomer is the new Last Tycoon. He’s leading Amazon’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s unfinished final novel, the tale of Monroe Stahr’s Tinseltown rise as a producer in the ’30s. He’s wrestling with his own demons and struggling under the thumb of studio boss Pat Brady (Kelsey Grammer). Lily Collins plays Pat’s daughter Celia, a wannabe producer against her dad’s better judgment (the rules … they might not apply to her). Ah, a new year, a new glitzy Fitzgerald adaptation. Stream this one on July 28.
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’