Amazon’s Last Tycoon Trailer: Arguments, Intrigue, and Matt Bomer’s Suits
More important than the boozy Hollywood drama of Amazon’s newest original series is the important Matt Bomer Wearing Suits content. Robert De Niro starred as the original Last Tycoon (Elia Kazan’s 1976 movie), but Bomer is the new Last Tycoon. He’s leading Amazon’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s unfinished final novel, the tale of Monroe Stahr’s Tinseltown rise as a producer in the ’30s. He’s wrestling with his own demons and struggling under the thumb of studio boss Pat Brady (Kelsey Grammer). Lily Collins plays Pat’s daughter Celia, a wannabe producer against her dad’s better judgment (the rules … they might not apply to her). Ah, a new year, a new glitzy Fitzgerald adaptation. Stream this one on July 28.
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor