Naomi Watts Is a Bad Therapist in the Trailer for Netflix’s Gypsy
Pop quiz: Which is the best Naomi Watts? Is it (a) frantic, concerned mother Naomi, (b) “Surprise, I’m great in comedies!” Naomi, or (c) pursuing inappropriate and toxic sexual relationships Naomi? While there’s an argument to be made for each option, the correct answer is C, because the Aussie actress is truly in top form when she’s engaging in kinky, scary, or extremely ill-advised sexual relations onscreen. Mulholland Drive, 21 Grams, We Don’t Live Here Anymore, Adore, The Painted Veil, and now her new Netflix show, Gypsy, all feature Watts in taboo territory, and she gives it her all. Here, in the first trailer for Gypsy, we see Watts, a therapist, narrating a kind of Hippocratic Oath with quick cuts to Watts doing things very not connected to the spirit of do no harm: “I will not violate the physical boundaries of the patient.” Oh, Naomi. Yes you will, girl.
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space
- How to Protect Your Facebook Data