Naomi Watts Is a Bad Therapist in the Trailer for Netflix’s Gypsy
Pop quiz: Which is the best Naomi Watts? Is it (a) frantic, concerned mother Naomi, (b) “Surprise, I’m great in comedies!” Naomi, or (c) pursuing inappropriate and toxic sexual relationships Naomi? While there’s an argument to be made for each option, the correct answer is C, because the Aussie actress is truly in top form when she’s engaging in kinky, scary, or extremely ill-advised sexual relations onscreen. Mulholland Drive, 21 Grams, We Don’t Live Here Anymore, Adore, The Painted Veil, and now her new Netflix show, Gypsy, all feature Watts in taboo territory, and she gives it her all. Here, in the first trailer for Gypsy, we see Watts, a therapist, narrating a kind of Hippocratic Oath with quick cuts to Watts doing things very not connected to the spirit of do no harm: “I will not violate the physical boundaries of the patient.” Oh, Naomi. Yes you will, girl.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History