Stronger Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal and Tatiana Maslany Tell a True Story From the Boston Bombing
Last year’s Patriots Day told the story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing from a narrative of everyone involved or affected — police, city officials, the bombers, and even Red Sox favorite David Ortiz — but a new film about the bombing aims to tell it from the perspective of two victims. Stronger is the true story of Jeff Bauman (Jake Gyllenhaal), a 27-year-old Boston native who was waiting at the finish line of the Boston Marathon for his girlfriend Erin (Tatiana Maslany), one of the runners, when the bombs went off. (In the film’s version of events, Bauman shows up at the marathon to win Erin back.) Bauman lost both his legs in the attack and during his recovery helped police identify one of the bombers. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, will focus on the aftermath of the attack and how it reunited the couple, so prepare for the feels and some strong accents. Stronger opens September 22.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space