Stronger Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal and Tatiana Maslany Tell a True Story From the Boston Bombing
Last year’s Patriots Day told the story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing from a narrative of everyone involved or affected — police, city officials, the bombers, and even Red Sox favorite David Ortiz — but a new film about the bombing aims to tell it from the perspective of two victims. Stronger is the true story of Jeff Bauman (Jake Gyllenhaal), a 27-year-old Boston native who was waiting at the finish line of the Boston Marathon for his girlfriend Erin (Tatiana Maslany), one of the runners, when the bombs went off. (In the film’s version of events, Bauman shows up at the marathon to win Erin back.) Bauman lost both his legs in the attack and during his recovery helped police identify one of the bombers. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, will focus on the aftermath of the attack and how it reunited the couple, so prepare for the feels and some strong accents. Stronger opens September 22.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History