Stronger Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal and Tatiana Maslany Tell a True Story From the Boston Bombing
Last year’s Patriots Day told the story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing from a narrative of everyone involved or affected — police, city officials, the bombers, and even Red Sox favorite David Ortiz — but a new film about the bombing aims to tell it from the perspective of two victims. Stronger is the true story of Jeff Bauman (Jake Gyllenhaal), a 27-year-old Boston native who was waiting at the finish line of the Boston Marathon for his girlfriend Erin (Tatiana Maslany), one of the runners, when the bombs went off. (In the film’s version of events, Bauman shows up at the marathon to win Erin back.) Bauman lost both his legs in the attack and during his recovery helped police identify one of the bombers. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, will focus on the aftermath of the attack and how it reunited the couple, so prepare for the feels and some strong accents. Stronger opens September 22.
- Was Michael Jackson a Plagiarist?
- 5 Iconic Moments From Guillermo del Toro Films
- How Far is Hollywood From Achieving Equality?
- How Black Panther Reinvents Hollywood Visions of Africa
- Peppermint Reacts to All Stars Season 3
- We Quizzed Nicolas Cage on His Old Movie Lines and Honestly He Was Great
- Every Celebrity That Tahani Has Name-Dropped on The Good Place
- James Adomian Is Obsessed With a Meticulously Symmetrical Mustache
- Octavia Spencer Was Mistaken for Mo’Nique
- Zazie Beetz on Fame’s Limitations: ‘The Version of Me on the Internet Isn’t Me’
- Here’s the Advice Chris Elliott Gave Daughter Abby Elliott When She Joined SNL
- Kelly Macdonald Stans for Margot Robbie
- Joan Jett Loved Working With Michael J. Fox
- Haley Joel Osment Had a Very Awkward Middle-School Dance
- Naomi Watts Does Her Best David Lynch Impression
- Reed Morano Says Peter Dinklage Would Be the Lead in Her Star Wars Movie
- Omari Hardwick on Why Black Actors Can’t Go Full Method: ‘I’ll Get in Trouble’
- Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
- Rupert Everett: ‘Oscar Wilde Is Really the Beginning of the Gay Movement’
- How Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan Work Together As a Couple