Stronger Trailer: Jake Gyllenhaal and Tatiana Maslany Tell a True Story From the Boston Bombing
Last year’s Patriots Day told the story of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing from a narrative of everyone involved or affected — police, city officials, the bombers, and even Red Sox favorite David Ortiz — but a new film about the bombing aims to tell it from the perspective of two victims. Stronger is the true story of Jeff Bauman (Jake Gyllenhaal), a 27-year-old Boston native who was waiting at the finish line of the Boston Marathon for his girlfriend Erin (Tatiana Maslany), one of the runners, when the bombs went off. (In the film’s version of events, Bauman shows up at the marathon to win Erin back.) Bauman lost both his legs in the attack and during his recovery helped police identify one of the bombers. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, will focus on the aftermath of the attack and how it reunited the couple, so prepare for the feels and some strong accents. Stronger opens September 22.
- The 8 Most Implausible Commutes in Movie History
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?
- The Black Eyed Peas Take Us Inside Their Augmented-Reality Comic Book