Ben Stiller Is a Sad Dad Named Brad in the Brad’s Status Trailer
Being a dad is all the rage these days. The trailer for writer-director Mike White’s Brad’s Status leans into the cultural obsession with dads, though good luck finding a true dad bod on any of these actors. Ben Stiller stars as the titular Brad, a sad dad who, while touring colleges with his son Troy (Austin Abrams), reflects upon his life and his envy of his much more successful, not very nice friends from college, played by Jemaine Clement, Luke Wilson, and Michael Sheen (who are possibly dads, though this cannot be confirmed). Offering a heartfelt look at a father-son bond with some surprisingly woke dad commentary — at one point in the trailer Stiller is told “You still think that the world was made for you” — Brad’s Status is out September 15.
- Was Michael Jackson a Plagiarist?
- 5 Iconic Moments From Guillermo del Toro Films
- How Far is Hollywood From Achieving Equality?
- How Black Panther Reinvents Hollywood Visions of Africa
- Peppermint Reacts to All Stars Season 3
- We Quizzed Nicolas Cage on His Old Movie Lines and Honestly He Was Great
- Every Celebrity That Tahani Has Name-Dropped on The Good Place
- James Adomian Is Obsessed With a Meticulously Symmetrical Mustache
- Octavia Spencer Was Mistaken for Mo’Nique
- Zazie Beetz on Fame’s Limitations: ‘The Version of Me on the Internet Isn’t Me’
- Here’s the Advice Chris Elliott Gave Daughter Abby Elliott When She Joined SNL
- Kelly Macdonald Stans for Margot Robbie
- Joan Jett Loved Working With Michael J. Fox
- Haley Joel Osment Had a Very Awkward Middle-School Dance
- Naomi Watts Does Her Best David Lynch Impression
- Reed Morano Says Peter Dinklage Would Be the Lead in Her Star Wars Movie
- Omari Hardwick on Why Black Actors Can’t Go Full Method: ‘I’ll Get in Trouble’
- Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
- Rupert Everett: ‘Oscar Wilde Is Really the Beginning of the Gay Movement’
- How Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan Work Together As a Couple