Final Portrait Trailer: Stanley Tucci Directs Armie Hammer and Geoffrey Rush
It’s been ten years since Stanley Tucci was behind the camera directing, and he’s returned with Final Portrait, a dramedy about an offbeat friendship. Geoffrey Rush plays the Swiss artist Alberto Giacometti, an irascible genius, who asks his friend James Lord (Armie Hammer), an American art lover, to sit for a portrait. Their sessions drag on — Giacometti is a perfectionist, Lord tries to stay optimistic — revealing a lot about the artist’s creative frustration and his friendship with his subject. Final Portrait premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival; it will open in the U.K. on August 18, and will be released Stateside by Sony Pictures Classics.
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space