Final Portrait Trailer: Stanley Tucci Directs Armie Hammer and Geoffrey Rush
It’s been ten years since Stanley Tucci was behind the camera directing, and he’s returned with Final Portrait, a dramedy about an offbeat friendship. Geoffrey Rush plays the Swiss artist Alberto Giacometti, an irascible genius, who asks his friend James Lord (Armie Hammer), an American art lover, to sit for a portrait. Their sessions drag on — Giacometti is a perfectionist, Lord tries to stay optimistic — revealing a lot about the artist’s creative frustration and his friendship with his subject. Final Portrait premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival; it will open in the U.K. on August 18, and will be released Stateside by Sony Pictures Classics.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates