Jason Bateman and Laura Linney Get Dramatic in the Woods for Netflix’s Ozark Trailer
You don’t have to wait until Arrested Development’s green-lit fifth season to see Jason Bateman star as a dad trying to save his family in a Netflix series. Unlike the screwball antics of the Bluth family, however, Ozark is the story about a family that owes a debt to a drug lord, leaving them no choice but to launder millions in illegal cash at their resort in Missouri’s Ozarks. In other words, this drama is as short on jokes as it is stair cars. Bateman is Ozark’s executive producer, star, and even directs a handful of the episodes. “I’m not the best critic in the world,” Bateman told Vulture recently, “but I’m proud of Ozark. I’ve seen what we’ve made, and I’ve got enough experience to know that what I’m smelling isn’t shit.” Three-time Oscar nominee and bona fide acting god Laura Linney co-stars as Bateman’s wife. The series drops on Netflix on July 21.
- Was Michael Jackson a Plagiarist?
- 5 Iconic Moments From Guillermo del Toro Films
- How Far is Hollywood From Achieving Equality?
- How Black Panther Reinvents Hollywood Visions of Africa
- Peppermint Reacts to All Stars Season 3
- We Quizzed Nicolas Cage on His Old Movie Lines and Honestly He Was Great
- Every Celebrity That Tahani Has Name-Dropped on The Good Place
- James Adomian Is Obsessed With a Meticulously Symmetrical Mustache
- Octavia Spencer Was Mistaken for Mo’Nique
- Zazie Beetz on Fame’s Limitations: ‘The Version of Me on the Internet Isn’t Me’
- Here’s the Advice Chris Elliott Gave Daughter Abby Elliott When She Joined SNL
- Kelly Macdonald Stans for Margot Robbie
- Joan Jett Loved Working With Michael J. Fox
- Haley Joel Osment Had a Very Awkward Middle-School Dance
- Naomi Watts Does Her Best David Lynch Impression
- Reed Morano Says Peter Dinklage Would Be the Lead in Her Star Wars Movie
- Omari Hardwick on Why Black Actors Can’t Go Full Method: ‘I’ll Get in Trouble’
- Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
- Rupert Everett: ‘Oscar Wilde Is Really the Beginning of the Gay Movement’
- How Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan Work Together As a Couple