Jason Bateman and Laura Linney Get Dramatic in the Woods for Netflix’s Ozark Trailer
You don’t have to wait until Arrested Development’s green-lit fifth season to see Jason Bateman star as a dad trying to save his family in a Netflix series. Unlike the screwball antics of the Bluth family, however, Ozark is the story about a family that owes a debt to a drug lord, leaving them no choice but to launder millions in illegal cash at their resort in Missouri’s Ozarks. In other words, this drama is as short on jokes as it is stair cars. Bateman is Ozark’s executive producer, star, and even directs a handful of the episodes. “I’m not the best critic in the world,” Bateman told Vulture recently, “but I’m proud of Ozark. I’ve seen what we’ve made, and I’ve got enough experience to know that what I’m smelling isn’t shit.” Three-time Oscar nominee and bona fide acting god Laura Linney co-stars as Bateman’s wife. The series drops on Netflix on July 21.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History