Jason Bateman and Laura Linney Get Dramatic in the Woods for Netflix’s Ozark Trailer
You don’t have to wait until Arrested Development’s green-lit fifth season to see Jason Bateman star as a dad trying to save his family in a Netflix series. Unlike the screwball antics of the Bluth family, however, Ozark is the story about a family that owes a debt to a drug lord, leaving them no choice but to launder millions in illegal cash at their resort in Missouri’s Ozarks. In other words, this drama is as short on jokes as it is stair cars. Bateman is Ozark’s executive producer, star, and even directs a handful of the episodes. “I’m not the best critic in the world,” Bateman told Vulture recently, “but I’m proud of Ozark. I’ve seen what we’ve made, and I’ve got enough experience to know that what I’m smelling isn’t shit.” Three-time Oscar nominee and bona fide acting god Laura Linney co-stars as Bateman’s wife. The series drops on Netflix on July 21.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space