Grinning Justice Arrives in The Tick Trailer
The Tick is one of the strangest successes in the history of superhero fiction. The brainchild of writer-artist Ben Edlund, he debuted in a comic-shop newsletter in the mid-’80s and has populated comics and TV shows on and off ever since. His latest incarnation comes in Amazon’s upcoming eponymous streaming series, which debuts on August 25. The pilot was quite good, and the trailer doesn’t disappoint, either; it’s filled with genre-poking laughs and unexpected twists of language that demonstrates a mastery of the superhero genre. Plus, it’s got Peter Serafinowicz in a skin-tight blue suit, so what’s not to love?
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?
- The Black Eyed Peas Take Us Inside Their Augmented-Reality Comic Book
- Robot Chicken Creators on How Macaulay Culkin Is Like Punxsutawney Phil
- Tips for Post-Apocalyptic Beards With the Cast of The Walking Dead
- How Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall Filmed Their Epic Sex Scene in Professor Marston
- The Cast of Shut Eye Recounts Their Experiences With Psychics
- Voice Actor Rob Paulsen Performs Some of His Famous Voices
- Carl Weathers: Voice Acting Is Great Because You Can Show Up Commando