Grinning Justice Arrives in The Tick Trailer
The Tick is one of the strangest successes in the history of superhero fiction. The brainchild of writer-artist Ben Edlund, he debuted in a comic-shop newsletter in the mid-’80s and has populated comics and TV shows on and off ever since. His latest incarnation comes in Amazon’s upcoming eponymous streaming series, which debuts on August 25. The pilot was quite good, and the trailer doesn’t disappoint, either; it’s filled with genre-poking laughs and unexpected twists of language that demonstrates a mastery of the superhero genre. Plus, it’s got Peter Serafinowicz in a skin-tight blue suit, so what’s not to love?
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- Remaking a Murder: How Weegee Photographed a Mob Killing
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- Mandy Moore on the Innate Sadness of This Is Us
- UnREAL’s Constance Zimmer on Directing Herself
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Which Queer Eye Guy Is the Biggest Control Freak About Driving?
- David Harbour Wasn’t Asked to Dance in Stranger Things 2, But He Did Anyway
- The Queer Eye Guys on Season Two’s Biggest Twist
- Why the Queer Eye Guys Never Pick Fights With Republicans
- The Queer Eye Guys on How They Got Cast
- The Queer Eye Guys on Men’s Biggest Fashion Mistakes
- Silicon Valley’s Thomas Middleditch on Mocking the Tech Elite
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History
- How Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Gets Away With Its Dirtiest Jokes