Inside All the Moving Parts of Guardians of the Galaxy 2’s Escape From the Elector
Why do we love to watch Baby Groot commit murder? Perhaps it’s a question best saved for your therapist, but when Vulture recently sat down with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 director James Gunn, he had plenty to tell us about our favorite little sapling’s bloodlust, especially as it relates to one of his movie’s most audacious sequences, the escape from the Elector.
This several-minute stretch, where Yondu (Michael Rooker), Rocket (Bradley Cooper), and Baby Groot (Vin Diesel) make a jailbreak, contains some of the movie’s most complicated shots, and Gunn ramps the speed up and down as the bodies of the mutinous Ravagers fall. How much planning had to go into a sequence with so many moving parts? Gunn broke down exactly how he filmed it, from camera selection to his song pick.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space