The Star of Patti Cake$ Proves She’s Got Bars in This Exclusive Clip
Patricia Dombrowski is just trying to make her way in this world, and according to her good friend Hareesh, all the aspiring emcee needs is a producer “with the fire beats” to take her street-rapping career as Killa P, a.k.a. Patti Cake$, to the next level. The movie is actress Danielle Macdonald’s Eight Mile moment, and in this clip we see her with Hareesh (Siddharth Dhananjay), who, atop her Patti Wagon sedan, teases some hot bars out of her in a derelict parking lot. Patti Cake$ chronicles one aspiring star’s ups and downs in “Dirty Jersey” as she shouts down the naysayers (her mom, local competing performers with bad attitudes), and fights to find her true voice with the help of her friends and her wheelchair-bound grandma (Cathy Moriarty). You can get that Cake in theaters starting August 18.
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor