The Florida Project Trailer: Willem Dafoe Stars in Sean Baker’s Tangerine Follow-up
In the much-loved Tangerine, Sean Baker fixed his camera upon trans women in Hollywood on Christmas Eve. In his new movie The Florida Project, he’s found a similarly compelling subject: a trio of kids named Moonee, Scooty, and Jancey, Moonee’s mother Halley (Bria Vinaite), and Willem Dafoe, playing the manager of the motel where everyone lives. As the kids find adventure in the the community of cheap motels surrounding Disney World, Halley weathers hardship. “This is a near-perfect film, and a heightening in every way of everything that was great about Baker’s last movie,” wrote Vulture’s critic Emily Yoshida. A24 will release The Florida Project October 6.
- Late-Night Hosts Weigh In on Trump’s ‘Excellent’ Health
- Trump’s Border Wall Prototypes Are Minimalist Art
- How Stevie Wonder Helped Make MLK Day a National Holiday
- Advice Every Comic Should Hear Before Performing at the Correspondents’ Dinner
- 5 of the Most Notorious YouTube Scandals
- Five Comic-Book Stories That Might Happen Onscreen After the Disney-Fox Merger
- The Makers of TV’s Darkest Show Are Actually Comedians
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’