Cook-Off! Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Gets Her Hands (and Face) Dirty
After ten years on the shelf, Melissa McCarthy’s Cook-Off! has a release date and a trailer. The film, which is set in the cutthroat world of competitive cooking, originally premiered quietly at the U.S. Comedy and Arts Festival in 2007, but quickly disappeared from sight. On November 17, though, it will be allowed a second chance at reedited life, when it opens in cinemas around the country. The Christopher Guest–style mockumentary follows a group amateur chefs, including Amber Strang (played by McCarthy), as they compete to win Van Rookle Farms million-dollar cooking contest. It co-stars Ben Falcone, Stephen Root, Diedrich Bader, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Gary Anthony Williams, and Sam Pancake.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History