Cook-Off! Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Gets Her Hands (and Face) Dirty
After ten years on the shelf, Melissa McCarthy’s Cook-Off! has a release date and a trailer. The film, which is set in the cutthroat world of competitive cooking, originally premiered quietly at the U.S. Comedy and Arts Festival in 2007, but quickly disappeared from sight. On November 17, though, it will be allowed a second chance at reedited life, when it opens in cinemas around the country. The Christopher Guest–style mockumentary follows a group amateur chefs, including Amber Strang (played by McCarthy), as they compete to win Van Rookle Farms million-dollar cooking contest. It co-stars Ben Falcone, Stephen Root, Diedrich Bader, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Gary Anthony Williams, and Sam Pancake.
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- The Best Preshow Advice Tracy Morgan Gave to James Davis
- The Dark Pop-Cultural Influence of Charles Manson
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’