Ben Stiller Punches Adam Sandler in The Meyerowitz Stories Trailer
Seeing a decades-old cinematic beef finally come to blows may not be the point of Noah Baumbach’s The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected), but we’re totally here for it. Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler —playing brothers in a dysfunctional New York family rounded out by Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson — finally get to fight one another after last being onscreen together in 1996’s Happy Gilmore, in which Stiller is none too kind to Sandler’s poor old grandmother. Vulture’s Emily Yoshida praised the film in her Cannes review, saying, “Meyerowitz is not afraid to let its characters hug and learn, and the film ends on a note that is almost radically hopeful after all the vitriol and baggage we’ve seen up until then.” Come for the Sandler-Stiller fight, stay for the heartfelt make-ups. The Meyerowitz Stories debuts on Netflix on October 13.
- Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course