Red Sparrow Trailer: Jennifer Lawrence Hails From Russia, With Wigs
Would somebody like to buy Jennifer Lawrence a spa day? Maybe a nice therapy dog or something? After a bruising performance in Mother!, J.Law takes on another physically challenging role in Red Sparrow, playing a Russian ballerina turned spy, caught in a tangled web of other covert players, including Joel Edgerton, Matthias Schoenaerts, Charlotte Rampling, and Jeremy Irons. Directed by The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Mockingjay’s Francis Lawrence, Red Sparrow is based on the book by Jason Matthews, though it’s leaving out the parts that involve Vladimir Putin, since nobody wants to be hacked.
- Late-Night Hosts Weigh In on Trump’s ‘Excellent’ Health
- Trump’s Border Wall Prototypes Are Minimalist Art
- How Stevie Wonder Helped Make MLK Day a National Holiday
- Advice Every Comic Should Hear Before Performing at the Correspondents’ Dinner
- 5 of the Most Notorious YouTube Scandals
- The Black Mirror Creator Has an Idea for a Much Nicer Version of The Matrix
- Five Comic-Book Stories That Might Happen Onscreen After the Disney-Fox Merger
- The Makers of TV’s Darkest Show Are Actually Comedians
- 89 Film and TV Moments That Capture 2017
- The 8 Most Implausible Commutes in Movie History
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- Sara Bareilles and Jason Mraz Perform a Song From ‘Waitress’ in Central Park
- Here’s a Fake Trailer for That Tarantino Star Trek Movie
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?