Natalie Portman Ventures Into Spooky Rainbow Smog in the First Trailer for Alex Garland’s Annihilation
Annihilation, Alex Garland’s Ex Machina follow-up ventures into the spooky Area X, an unexplored part of the southern United States. Natalie Portman is a biologist leading a team of scientists (played by Jennifer Jason Leigh, the sadly unseen Tessa Thompson, Gina Rodriguez, and Tuva Novotny) into the “very strange, dream-like, surrealist landscape,” Garland told Entertainment Weekly. Oscar Isaac plays Portman’s husband, who died after mysteriously returning from an expedition into Area X. Garland wrote and directed the movie, based on the based on the popular book by Jeff VanderMeer. See Annihilation in theaters February 23, 2018.
- How Stevie Wonder Helped Make MLK Day a National Holiday
- Advice Every Comic Should Hear Before Performing at the Correspondents’ Dinner
- 5 of the Most Notorious YouTube Scandals
- The Black Mirror Creator Has an Idea for a Much Nicer Version of The Matrix
- Five Comic-Book Stories That Might Happen Onscreen After the Disney-Fox Merger
- The Makers of TV’s Darkest Show Are Actually Comedians
- 89 Film and TV Moments That Capture 2017
- Biggest Mistakes in 9 Oscar-Winning Movies
- 12 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct Are Forcing TV Shows to Switch Gears
- Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
- The Evolution of the Movie Trailer
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?
- The Black Eyed Peas Take Us Inside Their Augmented-Reality Comic Book