Natalie Portman Ventures Into Spooky Rainbow Smog in the First Trailer for Alex Garland’s Annihilation
Annihilation, Alex Garland’s Ex Machina follow-up ventures into the spooky Area X, an unexplored part of the southern United States. Natalie Portman is a biologist leading a team of scientists (played by Jennifer Jason Leigh, the sadly unseen Tessa Thompson, Gina Rodriguez, and Tuva Novotny) into the “very strange, dream-like, surrealist landscape,” Garland told Entertainment Weekly. Oscar Isaac plays Portman’s husband, who died after mysteriously returning from an expedition into Area X. Garland wrote and directed the movie, based on the based on the popular book by Jeff VanderMeer. See Annihilation in theaters February 23, 2018.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates