The Current War Trailer: Only Benedict Cumberbatch Could Make You Care About a Movie About Electrical Currents
History can often be unsexy, though if Hollywood has proven one thing over the course of a century, it’s that movies can make any part of the past hot. Just look at The Current War, which depicts the 1880s battle between Thomas Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and George Westinghouse (Michael Shannon) for domination in electrical distribution. The two men were certainly titans in their day, but hot they were not. Enter Cumberbatch (with an “I want an Academy Award” American accent) and Shannon to spice things up. Oh, and Nikola Tesla is there, too, played by Nicholas Hoult so as to be sure the inventor’s looks aren’t forgotten in the way his legacy was. The Current War hits theaters November 24.
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?
- The Black Eyed Peas Take Us Inside Their Augmented-Reality Comic Book
- Robot Chicken Creators on How Macaulay Culkin Is Like Punxsutawney Phil
- Tips for Post-Apocalyptic Beards With the Cast of The Walking Dead
- How Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall Filmed Their Epic Sex Scene in Professor Marston
- The Cast of Shut Eye Recounts Their Experiences With Psychics
- Voice Actor Rob Paulsen Performs Some of His Famous Voices
- Carl Weathers: Voice Acting Is Great Because You Can Show Up Commando