The Current War Trailer: Only Benedict Cumberbatch Could Make You Care About a Movie About Electrical Currents
History can often be unsexy, though if Hollywood has proven one thing over the course of a century, it’s that movies can make any part of the past hot. Just look at The Current War, which depicts the 1880s battle between Thomas Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and George Westinghouse (Michael Shannon) for domination in electrical distribution. The two men were certainly titans in their day, but hot they were not. Enter Cumberbatch (with an “I want an Academy Award” American accent) and Shannon to spice things up. Oh, and Nikola Tesla is there, too, played by Nicholas Hoult so as to be sure the inventor’s looks aren’t forgotten in the way his legacy was. The Current War hits theaters November 24.
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?